Sunday, November 29, 2009

Turkey For Me, Turkey For You


In honor of the most gluttonous holiday, I've comprised my five favorite things about Thanksgiving. Leave yours in the comments section if you feel compelled.

5. Stuffing. Everybody has their favorite side dish and mine is stuffing. I realize it's mostly bread crumbs but the way it compliments the gravy and turkey makes me thankful that someone discovered it.

4. Beer. No day consisting of eating and watching television would be complete without the ideal beverage. Once the tryptophan hits and you've got a few Sam Adams in you, Thanksgiving is complete.

3. Family. Love 'em or hate 'em, family is a crucial part of Turkey day. If you've ever spent Thanksgiving alone you know that it just isn't the same. Spending quality time with loved ones and no one judging you for getting that second helping of apple pie.

2. Turkey. The staple of Thanksgiving. I personally love it because it's just tradition and as I mentioned I have an affinity for stuffing and also mashed potatoes. Not to mention the turkey and gravy combo is like a Brady/Moss '07 and Manny/Ortiz '04 lovechild. Doesn't get much better.

1. Football. Whether it's high school, college or the NFL, football is everywhere on the final Thursday of November. Despite some lack luster NFL games and my alma mater losing a tough game, Thanksgiving Day football is my favorite part of the holiday. Now if we could just get some better games in the NFL, things would be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment